Nimbus® makes the most eco-friendly products available that help to reduce your impact on the planets forests. To do this we use rapidly renewable and sustainable fibers like bamboo, eucalyptus, and sugarcane with a focus on replacing traditional wood and plastic based commodities with plant based alternatives. Our lines of tissue, towel, wipe, and dining products all follow the ethos of reducing our impact with a simple switch that does not sacrifice quality or consistency.
how it started
Back in 2012, our co-founder travelled to Bukit Lawang in Northern Sumatra to film a documentary (watch below) on deforestation and how it was effecting the endangered orangutan and wildlife populations who have seen their land decimated by palm oil and paper operations. After coming back from this trip and learning more about the devastating effects man yconsunmer products have on the environment, our co-founders decided it was time to take a different approach to paper and tissue by using sustainable bamboo instead of trees, Nimbus was born!
why this, why now?
The world needs eco-conscious products now more than ever and little steps make a difference. From bamboo tissue to reusable straws and chemical-free wipes, every purchase you make speaks volume and creates change.
human impact facts
Agriculture is the leading cause of deforestation, every second 1.5 acres are cut down.
- It is estimated that within 100 years, there will be no rainforests left!
- Everyday 27,000 trees are flushed down the toilet in the U.S. alone.
- 8.3 billion tonnes of plastic has been created since the 1950s.
- Only about 9% of this plastic has been recycled, 12% has been burned and the remaining 79% has ended up in landfills or the environment.
- Plastic is killing more than 1.1 million seabirds and animals every year.
- Toxic chemicals leach out of plastic and are found in the blood and tissue in nearly all humans and animals on the planet, exposure is linked to cancers, birth defects, impaired immunity and other ailments.