Adopt a Bamboo
Did you know the average American generates 16 tons of carbon annually? Luckily, you can help reduce your carbon footprint by adopting a bamboo, the more the better! They are one of the fastest-growing plant species on the planet which makes them incredibly effective at sequestering carbon. When you adopt you’ll receive a digital certificate with the name of the bamboo species, the amount of carbon it sequesters, and its location.
Giant bamboo can sequester over 450kg of carbon per tree over a five-year period. These bamboo are used for construction and architecture projects throughout Mexico and they regrow after each harvest without having to plant again! Join the growing movement to lessen your carbon footprint with these beautiful bamboos.
- Adopt a bamboo that grows up to 80 feet in height!
- Each bamboo tree sequesters approximately 450kg of carbon over five years
- Grown in tropical Mexico near the Mayan Palenque ruins
- Species include D. Asper, B. Guadua, and B. Vulgaris
- Adoption supports farming communities and creates jobs!
Bamboo is better!
Bamboo is one of the fastest growing plants on the planet and can sequester carbon at rates of 5 tons per acre. It also makes incredibly soft tissue that will make you wonder why it was ever done any other way. Experience the difference with our full line of bamboo based tissue and hygiene products.
products you’ll love
try our other sustainable products