Since Nimbus Eco was founded to lessen the negative impact of our culture on the environment, we are always thinking of ways to inform and help our customers make a difference. Terms like climate change, sustainability, recycled, and repurposed tend to have a very sterile ring to them. But in reality, it boils down to simple common sense. Collectively these terms promote minimal impact on the earth’s resources and environment. It really is, we the people, who trigger real improvement in the health of Mother Earth with some very simple, affordable lifestyle choices and habits.
Whether you are part of our American community or the larger global one, we share this planet and we all need to seek ways to take care of Mother Earth.
- Buy Nimbus products! We focus on earth friendly materials and try to provide the best in sustainable solutions for your home and are always actively seeking other natural, sustainable materials in our research and development efforts.
- Recycle your paper, plastic, and glass
- Repurpose gear and materials. Paint used furniture, use what you have on hand, pass along unused items to Goodwill or a friend that use it.
- Here’s a simple one: Eat the food you buy. Consumers in industrialized countries throw away an estimated 200 million plus tons of food each year. #Yikes!! So next time you plan to go out to eat because you don’t know what you want for dinner, rummage around in the kitchen and put something together. Boil a couple of eggs. See what’s hanging around in the cupboard. Check the freezer.
- Get Involved. Support organizations like GreenPeace, Sierra Club, and National Resources Defense Council (NRDC) by donating or even just following them online so you stay informed on the most pressing environmental issues of our time.